Sunday, November 2, 2008

And Every Time I try...

I have an awful habit of beginning to write a post...getting sidetracked during it...and eventually just abandoning it all together. I can't decide if I'm too lazy or if my life just isn't that exiting to be updating people. I believe the last failed attempts consisted of me explaining my homecoming week, missing home, missing my friends, missing having someone that I can always go to.

My sophmore year of college has really opened my eyes to the friends I have and the friends I have made. I realized that 1/2 of the friends I have back home don't care about how I'm feeling, what choices I make or where I'm headed in life. And for awhile that made me sad because I called them my bestfriends. It took me 2 years to figure that out. It happened when my friend blew her pot smoke into my face. A joke to her-but a slap in the face to me.

I've got my friends at school here now. And I'm beginning to feel like one of those people that have so many friends but not really a best friend. I used to think that Adam was my best friend here at school, but this year it feels like I'm just the back-up plan if one of his plans fall through.

And now to top it off Halloween is over. If I would have continued my posting I probably would have thrown in there that the end of october marks the end of me just coasting through this "losing weight" process. It's not enough to just eat dinner everyday. I can't go to La Rancherita every sunday. THose ephedra pills are going to comeout of the drawer again. I think I'll buy a scale when I go home. I'm at least 100 food points over, 20 more than last year. So in a way I know I'm eating less than last year. It feels good to beat that number. Maybe next term I'll have even more.

I'm going home on THURSDAY!!!! I'm so excited. I'll get to see my puppy who has more than tripled in her size. I'll get to see my kitten and ferret. I'll get my hair cut and dyed darker. What else...maybe go on SL. Maybe go to my old high school and see my old earth science teacher. Tell him how much I love my school. I'll need to get new winter shoes. Some more winter shirts would be nice. Maybe another pair of jeans. I really want a nice pair of skinny jeans.

This next week is finals week. I only have 1 final! And it's on thursday, which kind of stinks because I'll be here so long. But it's also nice because I know I can just focus really well on it and do AWESOME.

I am once again being sidetracked so i think i'll publish this before i completely delete it...

0 comments: