Friday, November 7, 2008

First Days Were Never So Relaxing

After a tough time of falling asleep last night due to flashbacks of the movie "The Strangers". I finally quieted my thoughts around 1:30 am and decided it was time to sleep.

I woke up at 8 am to my phone alarm, which I immediatly changed to go off at 9 am. I awoke an hour AND 45 minutes later at 9:45. My eyes adjusted to the high ceiling and wide space. It's funny how I've lived in a dorm room with another person that is about half the size of my room. After a quick washing of my hair I went downstairs to find the house empty. My mom had taken the dog out for a walk. Time seemed to fly by from there. I spent the morning watching BBC America and all my favorite shows. I miss that station so much.

Around 1 or 2 pm I went on SL and saw Willow for a split second, but she was replaced a moment later by Laura who I havn't talked to in ages it seems. We had a nice catch up chat with some drunken moment comparisons. It's weird going back to SL after such a long time. It feels like I never left...but when you talk to people you don't know what to say. It's like the natural conversations that you used to have are lost somewhere and you don't remember how to even talk to people over the internet. Sadly niether of us were able to stay on long. I had to run off to go shop for a bit with my mom.

Shopping in Geneva always dissapoints me. We have so many nice stores but it seems like they never carry anything I like. All the stuff I DO like is ONLINE. We went to Victoria's Secret there, and it was probably the most successful part of the trip. I got 5 pairs of undies and I'm sorry if you don't care about that but I just love buying underwear from Victoria's Secret. All of them are cute and wintery themed and it just makes me smile thinking about it. Anyways-enough underwear obsession. Next was DSW-this HUGE discount shoe store. Normally I can always find at least ONE pair of shoes that I love. AND today I had two missions in that store: an everyday walking shoe and an ill weather boot(ie) thing. Of course I found niether. Last on the list was Fresh Market, which is this horribly overpriced organic food store that I just love because I love that organic fancy stuff. Laura wanted nothing to do with it and limited all of my purchases to 2 avocados, 1 apple, 1 squash, a tray of Anari, some crisp bread, and a advent calendar that I thought was swedish but is actully German. Oh well, at least the chocolate will be good. I should have figured-I mean you never hear "I LOVE SWEDISH CHOCOLATE!"

Speaking of Swedish, there's a store in downtown Geneva that has a bunch of swede merchandice and I can't wait to go and speak swedish to the old guy in it and buy swedish stuff for my dorm room. I'm so happy I found a language that I love studying. Even if there are like no swedish people in the USA, I've got my college and hometown that has some swedish aspects to it.

I finished off the night by buying Sex and the City on payperview. It's such a great movie. I never thought I would like it.

Tomorrow my mom and I are going to an apple orchard by our house to get apple cider. I'll also insist on a caramel apple and a couple donuts to treat myself with.

Things I need to do:
Go try Thai food with my friend Tina
Go to H&M and see i they have any new cute clothes.
Go to Svensk store
Go to apple orchard
Get my hair cut
Dye my hair
Decide what color I want to dye it
Go to the camping store
Visit my high school earth science teacher
And the dreaded: By a scale for school.

It's a small list for a long week but...I'm ok with that.

0 comments: