Friday, November 14, 2008

Skinny Bitch

I'm not quite sure what kicked me in the butt today...but I finally bought the book Skinny Bitch. I've seen it on the front shelves of bookstores for god knows how long now. I've read about a third of it so far and I am determined to go vegan starting next monday and lasting till Thanksgiving. From there hopefully I'll extend to two weeks and gradually build up. I strongly suggest all of you read this book because it is...an eye-opener to say the least. I thought I knew a decent amount about our nations food industry-or at least a bare minimum. And the best part is that it's not a total heap of scientific findings proving all the "got milk" commercials wrong-but 2 women cursing at the reader for being so naive.

Well Tina had mentioned going into Chicago tonight to see Megan, which I was really excited about because I havn't seen Megan in forever let alone ever been to her apartment. But I had to run errands all day and I've got more tomorrow. Plus tomorrow is my mom's birthday. So no trip to Chicago for me. I texted Tina this morning about it and I still havn't gotten a reply. Now that I'm thinking about it if I went there I wouldn't even want to drink really-just have one of those fun movie nights that we used to have.

For my mom's birthday I ended up getting her a book about Bernese Mountain dogs and some dish cloths and REALLY pretty flowers. And of course I got her a cute little gift bag and matching tissue paper. How about a card? Well I did not get one. I hope she'll appreciate a homemade one...or just no card.

Today I took Carli for a walk around Peck Farm and it was slightly unsuccessfull. She likes to go in the grass and lay down and try to take off her harness because-well she hates it. Then she just sits their and refuses to get up. She's 48 Lbs. now so it's impossible for me to drag her up or carry her. So we got maybe a little less than a mile into it and had to turn around. Then at one part in the trail there's a mowed section so she found a stick and we both started RUNNING back to the barn/parking lot. It was a nice little work out and I didn't even get tired(from running).

I've also found (drum roll please) A HOTEL IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK! Turns out I was looking unter a specific part of our timeshare. So a possible trip during the first part of my spring break!? Break is Feb.20-March 8th...but I leave to go to the grand canyon on March 1st...and I don't know if we have to be anywhere before then. Hopefully I'll find all the details out next week because our seminars will be starting.

Well I'm going to go read more of my Skinny Bitch and watch Survivorman.

0 comments: