Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Black Tighty Whiteys and Poor Internet Connection

I am writing to you from Ann Arbor, Michigan. How exciting.

We got here last night and I began watching the movie Sicko by Michael Moore. It got pretty late and I was extremely tired so I saved most of it for this morning. I cannot believe how bad our health care is. It's weird because growing up here it's like you're constantly told how lucky you are to live in America. And I'm sure that is true for lots of countries, but compared to England, France, Canada...CUBA!? They totally beat us. They beat us in more than just health care. Free education? As in college education? I'm in debt already! Lame.

So now after a grocery run and terrible fright from old scabby cashiers in the checkout line, I've come back to watch Love Actually. It's got all my favorite brits in it...well most of the ones I know really. Like Mr.Darcy and ugly sweater man from Bridget Jones. Then there's Professor Snape and Trewlany(however you spell it). Who else...oh, everyones favorite Kiera Knightley. She does have an underbite. At least she dosn't look like she's sucking her cheeks in every minute of the scene. Oh and there's one actress who looks ridiculously like my old history teacher. They even kind of talk the same. I swear they could be sisters.

Tonight us "girls" are all going out for a girls night. Us girls meaning Becky(dad's fiance)'s friends and me. Me the only under 21 year old. They've decided to solve this by tracking me down a fake ID. Wonderful role models I have. How old are they again? Oh yeah-somewhere in their 40's. I'm looking forward to it.

Tomorrow we're going out for a manicure/pedicure. Friday is the fourth and about all of our close family members will be in. We got a ton of fireworks too! Like the big mortars. Can you say legit? Then saturday is the wedding. No crazy partying though because we leave the next day to go home :/

I have to pee. And that it what I'm going to leave you with.

0 comments: